Rohit NathVice President, Global Finance Shared Services
Remember the days when it was a cost driver to staff as low as possible? Nowadays talent, and plenty of it, is your true competitive differentiator. According to SSON’s 2017 Global Report, SSCs are prioritizing talent and updated skills (customer service, automation, data analytics) to support their future business plans. The Modern SSC requires a different competency, a reassessment of current roles and responsibilities, a desire to embrace a world where man and machine must coexist, and revamped career paths and performance management structures. During this panel, attendees will:
· Highlight the shifting skill sets (i.e., analytical, data acquisition and monetization, and more) and competencies needed to thrive in a modern day SSO
· Accelerate talent by redesigning career paths, training and performance management
· Hear how man and machine can most effectively coexist
· Prepare for resistance to change
12:40 PM Group Discussion: Stepping Out of the "Scope" Comfort Zone: Who's Really Pushing the Envelope And How?
Traditional SSOs have historically focused on enterprise functions like AP/AR, Procurement / Supply chain, Accounting and basic HR processes. But things are changing and mature SSOs are starting to add functions that were way outside of the “comfort zone”. This interactive discussion will highlight opportunities for adding complex, sensitive and even high-risk functions to shared services and provide examples on how the function can be more effective and efficient as a result.
· Hear what’s spurring the next wave of growth for shared services
· Discuss the expansion of scope and services into less traditional areas of the company such as tax, FP&A, e-learning, office services and supply chain finance
· Hear how the expansion of scope and services has created significant value to the company