Day 2, Monday, June 24, 2019
8:00 am - 8:40 am Breakfast
8:40 am - 8:45 am Chairperson's Remarks
8:45 am - 9:25 am Bot 2.0: 5 Ways to Scale Your Robotics Process Automation
Now that you’ve implemented robotic process automation (RPA) and are enjoying the ROI benefits, it’s time to create your roadmap for scaling and expanding RPA across the business. This session will focus on what’s next for organizations that have made it through the pilot and implementation phase.
- Create a roadmap for scaling the number of robots deployed within a business unit or specific process
- Recognize the areas of high productivity and ROI gains to prioritize your new use cases
- Establish governance and determine responsibilities
- Start thinking outside of the process box and learn how automation can enable your company to reinvent processes
9:25 am - 10:05 am Unlocking Greater Value through Analytics: Leveraging Shared Services to Manage Enterprise-Wide Capabilities
10:10 am - 10:40 am Business Meeting
10:40 am - 11:10 am Business Meeting
11:10 am - 11:25 am Networking Break
MasterClass11:30 am - 12:15 pm Attended & Unattended RPA: Working Together to Maximize Outcomes
RPA bots can work in both “attended” and “unattended” modes. While companies can deploy either/or automation solution based on their RPA needs, an integrated platform where both solutions work in tandem is the ideal. During this MasterClass, attendees will learn how to:
· Understand the difference between attended and unattended RPA
· Define your deployment strategy and licensing implications
· Learn how the two forms of RPA can work in conjunction or separately, and when and where the integration can provide the most value
BrainWeave®11:30 am - 12:15 pm Debate: Outsourcing & Innovation: A Reality of Thing of the Past?
Meeting expectations when it comes to the actual achievement of innovation within BPO engagements are becoming a struggle for many SSOs. As the adoption of Intelligent Automation and associated technologies deepen within business services, it is fundamentally changing the value proposition of outsourcing. During this panel discussion, attendees will discuss the value in outsourcing through the lens of access to technology, capabilities and talent.
- Given the rapid growth of IA and related associated technologies, how can we expect traditional BPO providers to fare?
- How are SSOs re-thinking how they approach new contracts as well as re-visit existing outsourcing contracts?
12:20 pm - 12:50 pm Stairway to Success: Building, Scaling & Preserving Your RPA CoE
As the potential of RPA grows at lightning speed, so does the operational needs and overall project management. SSOs are faced with more complex decisions related to technology deployment, organizational change, staffing and meeting technical and performance standards. This holds especially true in large organizations that are rapidly deploying bots to achieve scale and greater efficiency. Implementing a RPA center of excellence (CoE) is the way forward to embed RPA effectively into the organization and disseminate the accumulated knowledge and resources across future deployments. This session will provide a step-by-step guide to implementing a RPA CoE within your SSO.
- Establish your Robotic Operating Team & Council
- Develop a set of well-defined roles and responsibilities
- Develop a new governance model and standard operating procedures
- Communicate the change and highlight how the savings from operational improvements will lead to more innovative projects and greater career opportunities
12:50 pm - 1:50 pm Lunch
1:50 pm - 2:30 pm Panel: Is Your Talent Ready for Digital?Tom Nesteruk - VP, HR Shared Services, AdventHealth
Peter York - Senior Director, Global Business Services, Juniper Networks Inc.
Geoff Borlet - Head of Global Financial Services, Applied Materials
- What kind of talent/skills are SSOs seeking in today’s environment?
- How are we preparing our organizations for rapid change and how are we handling resistance?
- What are examples of modern career paths?
- How are we balancing the human touch in a digital world?
- What impact is the gig economy having on shared services?
Tom NesterukVP, HR Shared Services
Peter YorkSenior Director, Global Business Services
Juniper Networks Inc.
Geoff BorletHead of Global Financial Services
2:30 pm - 3:10 pm Continuous Improvement In an Age of Disruption: How & Where It Fits in a Successful Automation ProgramJeff Morris - Senior Director, Business Process, McKesson
- Identify processes for automation and their problem statement and risks
- Showcase the value of your automation program through a well-defined roadmap and business case
- Move beyond the typical improvement benefits that automation can provide
Jeff MorrisSenior Director, Business Process
MasterClass3:15 pm - 4:00 pm What's Your Data Telling You? Leveraging Process Mining to Secure Double-Digit Savings & Operate Better
Analytics and automation are the new table stakes. Now sitting on more data than ever before, it is imperative to understand what it all means. Analytics technology such as Process Mining is making it possible for SSOs to consume, interpret and report on the new data available to them. If your SSO processes thousands of transactions with billions of individual activities, attend this session and learn how to ensure those transactions are efficient, compliant and the right cost.
· Hear how Process Mining helps enterprises streamline their business processes
· Recognize how technology can fill the gap left behind by existing IT systems
· Learn how Process Mining provides complete transparency into the ways processes are occurring in real time
BrainWeave®3:15 pm - 4:00 pm Cybersecurity in Shared Services - What's At Risk?
SSOs already control much of an organization’s confidential and restricted personal information. With the rise of automation, the sheer amount of information available is at an all-time high. This volume of data makes SSOs a target! And while many organizations gave dedicated InfoSec groups that manage enterprise programs, accountability for protecting sensitive shared services and employee information falls to the SSO. During this MaterClass, attendees will receive leading practices for enhancing security practices, increasing awareness and improving standardization.
- Receive an introduction to shared services cybersecurity
- Highlight the recent cyber-attack trends and the key SSO risk factors
- Review the components of a successful SSO cybersecurity program, including; data security, education and awareness and governance and compliance
4:05 pm - 4:35 pm Business Meeting
4:35 pm - 5:05 pm Business Meeting
5:05 pm - 5:20 pm Networking Break
5:20 pm - 6:00 pm Roundtable Discussions: Choose Your Topic
A: Process Mining as an Essential Step in Optimizing Shared Services
The potential benefits from tapping into and analyzing vast amounts of data are huge. Much of this data helps evaluate process efficiency, and many SSOs are now adopting Process Mining to understand what’s actually happening across a given process by monitoring the data that would otherwise remain hidden. In this roundtable, participants will: examine the different types of process mining, evaluate how process mining can create a bridge between data mining and business process management, outline the initial steps to launch a process mining project in a structured manner and explore real-life applications of process mining.
B: Accelerating Your GPO Model & Metrics to Reap the Benefits of Standardization & Scale
Now that you have your GPOs in place, how do you ensure long-term stability and growth? What are the metrics needed to effectively monitor and measure the results? The right performance metrics can show where process change is needed, highlight data quality issues and ensure stability of infrastructure and systems. This roundtable will provide a performance management and metrics framework, including a scorecard, to ensure success with global process initiatives.
C: Using Design Thinking in Shared Services to Humanize & Optimize the User Experience
During this roundtable, attendees will learn how to apply design thinking in their SSO to ensure that innovative solutions are matched to the user’s experience as well as to the problem they solve.
D: Change Management at the Speed of Business
Regardless of where your organization may be on the maturity spectrum of shared services, change is a constant, and the ability to manage change as part of your day-to-day operations is crucial to ensure the cultural transformation needed for execution and growth. During this interactive session we demystify change management and employee engagement techniques by exploring the practical applications tools and latest practices.
E: From the Back to the Front Office: How to Successfully Brand Your SSO
As shared services continue to take on more responsibility and move from a back office transactional machine to a front office value creator, how do we brand our organization? Nowadays, the demands are around business outcomes and business insights. Is shared services the appropriate term? What are others doing in this journey and how are they effectively communicating the change and value?