Day 1, Sunday, June 24, 2018
10:00 am - 11:00 am Welcome Brunch
11:00 am - 11:15 am Orientation & Networking Session
11:15 am - 11:20 am Chairperson's Opening Remarks
11:20 am - 12:00 pm Creating and Selling the Vision for Shared ServicesCharles Morgan, VP, Finance Shared Services,Aetna
Whilst many large companies have already made the transition to a Finance Shared Services organization what is the ‘triggering event’ that makes remaining companies commit to the move? Once the decision is made how do you manage the broader organizational message, balance this initiative against other competing priorities and maintain the engagement & commitment levels to what is a long journey? Join Charles Morgan as he talks about Aetna’s journey and progress in setting up a Finance Shared Services organization.
· Help move from theoretical to actual commitment
· Seize the opportunity, benefits and roadmap
· Prioritize migrations, select work locations and demonstrate progress
Charles MorganVP, Finance Shared Services
12:00 pm - 12:40 pm How to Win Constantly With Your Shared Services Digital TransformationTony Saldanha, VP, Global Business Services ,Procter & Gamble
The Shared Services industry is being transformed by the same forces that are disrupting entire industries and companies. How do you lead your shared services organization to maximize gains from this dramatic change? Tony Saldanha, VP, Global Business Services at Procter & Gamble shares his perspectives on why these are great times to be a Shared Services leader. In this session he will cover the following –
- Define a structured approach to digital transformation
- De-risk your digital transformation
- Hear how shared services organizations may be in the best position to help their companies to digitize
Tony SaldanhaVP, Global Business Services
Procter & Gamble
12:40 pm - 1:10 pm Business Meeting
1:10 pm - 1:40 pm Business Meeting
1:40 pm - 2:00 pm Networking Break
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm The 5 Pervasive Team Challenges
· Learn how to manage contentious teams
· Navigate change initiatives
· Accelerate effectiveness of new teams or new leaders
· Accelerate high potential selection and development
· Optimize high functioning team
2:30 pm - 3:10 pm RPA Ready or Not - Here We Come! A Step-By-Step Guide to Developing & Implementing a Robotic Process Automation ProgramKathleen Dockery, SVP, Digital Business Automation ,KeyBank
Intelligent Automation is the current game changer in terms of process efficiency for all organizations looking to radically improve business intelligence, reduce costs, enhance the internal and external customer experience and reach higher levels of process excellence. Many organizations in their desire for an “intelligent enterprise” are first starting with robotics process automation to reap early benefits and lay the foundation for an IA-driven transformation. During this session we will:
- Start with a clear definition of RPA and understand the differences between RPA and other forms of automation
- Build a comprehensive business case
- Discuss the processes/functions ripe for RPA - where do you have the most structured and digital information and where are leaders most receptive? Who will be the poster child to demonstrate the value?
- Highlight the hidden costs of automation investment
- Discuss the positioning of an RPA program as a stand-alone initiative or part of a wider business transformation
Kathleen DockerySVP, Digital Business Automation
3:10 pm - 3:50 pm Driving End-to-End Process Reengineering And Digitization
End-to-end process management is the key to efficiency, market-based innovation and collaborative problem solving. How do you develop the organizational structure, support the process owners and drive end to end standardization? How do you keep pace with evolving technology? During this session attendees will learn how to:
· Build end-to-end process governance to drive operational performance improvement and business transformation
· Unlock maximum value with global process ownership - what is the ideal scope, governance and employee characteristics?
· Focus on the redo of work processes across the entire organization
· Drive global process standardization
3:50 pm - 4:20 pm Business Meeting
4:20 pm - 4:50 pm Business Meeting
4:50 pm - 5:10 pm Networking Break
Master Class5:10 pm - 5:55 pm Using Big Data and Analytics to Drive the SSO Towards Measurable Business Outcomes
During this session, attendees will learn how the concept of big data applies to insight, process improvement, strategic technology projects, metrics, and how it leads to benefits like improving efficiency and managing risk.
- Discuss the value or formally, and regularly, collecting ss and business partner feedback to inform your strategy
- Highlight new approaches for getting the most out of your data
- Review the basics of creating a measurement map
- Receive tips for conducting analysis that integrates SSO data with business data
BrainWeave5:10 pm - 5:55 pm How To Turbocharge Your Digital Transformation
Every organization is looking to transform their operating model using disruptive technologies, but many companies are not able to scale beyond disjointed proof of concept efforts.
Regardless of where you are in your journey, the ability to understand and actively manage the disruptive change will be crucial for organizations to succeed in their transformation journey.
During this interactive session, we discuss the common challenges faced by shared service leaders to keep pace with the rapid changes impacting shared service operating models and explore practical applications and latest practices to stay competitive.
· Discuss the trends and examples in leapfrogging shared services using digital technologies
· Highlight the changes needed in shared services operating model
· Learn how to influence and manage interactions with key stakeholders
· Learn how to scale digitization effectively
· Develop new capabilities to adapt to the changing environments
Ignite One6:00 pm - 6:15 pm Working With a Robot: Using A.I. to Drive Back Office Efficiency & Financial Compliance
One of today's hottest topics in Shared Services is "Artificial Intelligence.” But how do you get started with implementing it for your company? And how do you cut through the hype to see which technologies are actually ready for prime time and which need time to mature? In this session, Anant Kale, Founder and CEO of AppZen, will outline the various AI tools in use in enterprise back office operations. We'll also dive into a real-world use case - showing how AI has been able to make expense report audit processing 80% more efficient while catching 10x more compliance issues.
Ignite Two6:15 pm - 6:30 pm Blockchain and Shared Services: How Should We Be Looking At Blockchain Applications in F&A?
Blockchain is getting a lot of press lately especially in supply chain. How should SS leaders be looking at Blockchain applications in F&A? During this session, attendees will discuss the following:
· Blockchain 101 and the benefits for processes;
· Where Blockchain can have the largest impact on F&A
· Use cases for Blockchain and F&A processes;
· And if there is a limit to Blockchain’s applicability within F&A