Day 1, Sunday, June 24, 2018
10:00 am - 10:15 am Orientation & Networking Session
10:15 am - 10:20 am Chairperson's Opening RemarksAnupam Govil - Lead for Digital Transformation, Automation and Latin America Avasant
Anupam GovilLead for Digital Transformation, Automation and Latin America
10:20 am - 11:00 am Creating and Selling the Vision for Shared ServicesCharles Morgan - VP, Finance Shared Services Aetna
Whilst many large companies have already made the transition to a Finance Shared Services organization what is the ‘triggering event’ that makes remaining companies commit to the move? Once the decision is made how do you manage the broader organizational message, balance this initiative against other competing priorities and maintain the engagement & commitment levels to what is a long journey? Join Charles Morgan as he talks about Aetna’s journey and progress in setting up a Finance Shared Services organization.
· Help move from theoretical to actual commitment
· Seize the opportunity, benefits and roadmap
· Prioritize migrations, select work locations and demonstrate progress
Charles MorganVP, Finance Shared Services
11:00 am - 11:40 am How to Win Constantly With Your Shared Services Digital TransformationTony Saldanha - VP, Global Business Services Procter & Gamble
The Shared Services industry is being transformed by the same forces that are disrupting entire industries and companies. How do you lead your shared services organization to maximize gains from this dramatic change? Tony Saldanha, VP, Global Business Services at Procter & Gamble shares his perspectives on why these are great times to be a Shared Services leader. In this session he will cover the following –
- Define a structured approach to digital transformation
- De-risk your digital transformation
- Hear how shared services organizations may be in the best position to help their companies to digitize
Tony SaldanhaVP, Global Business Services
Procter & Gamble
11:40 am - 12:30 pm Welcome Brunch
1:10 pm - 1:40 pm Business Meeting
1:40 pm - 2:10 pm Business Meeting
2:10 pm - 2:25 pm Networking Break
2:25 pm - 2:55 pm RPA Ready or Not - Here We Come! A Step-By-Step Guide to Developing & Implementing a Robotic Process Automation ProgramKathleen Dockery - SVP, Digital Business Automation KeyBank
Intelligent Automation is the current game changer in terms of process efficiency for all organizations looking to radically improve business intelligence, reduce costs, enhance the internal and external customer experience and reach higher levels of process excellence. Many organizations in their desire for an “intelligent enterprise” are first starting with robotics process automation to reap early benefits and lay the foundation for an IA-driven transformation. During this session we will:
- Start with a clear definition of RPA and understand the differences between RPA and other forms of automation
- Build a comprehensive business case
- Discuss the processes/functions ripe for RPA - where do you have the most structured and digital information and where are leaders most receptive? Who will be the poster child to demonstrate the value?
- Highlight the hidden costs of automation investment
- Discuss the positioning of an RPA program as a stand-alone initiative or part of a wider business transformation
Kathleen DockerySVP, Digital Business Automation
2:55 pm - 3:35 pm Robotic & Cognitive Automation Trends in Shared Services & Outsourcing....A Launch Into Analytics & Digital Strategies
Participants will be taken through the current trends of robotics and delve into how our SSO clients are leveraging automation as a launching pad to expand into analytics and broader digital strategies. The presentation will include an overview of the
· latest automation trends in SSO organizations
· advancement of analytics from automation
· need to embrace digital into the SSO organization strategy
3:40 pm - 4:10 pm Business Meeting
4:10 pm - 4:40 pm Business Meeting
4:40 pm - 4:55 pm Networking Break
Master Class4:55 pm - 5:40 pm Where to Locate Your America Shared Service Center, A Comparative Analysis of 10 Cities
Latin America strongly positions itself as an ideal location for international companies to set up strategic business activities according to specific market requirements. Today, there are several top Latin American locations which compete among themselves to attract foreign investment and transform themselves into competitive business hubs for international companies. In this session, we will analyze, compare and discuss different variables such as access to talent pool, language skills, labor arbitrage and operational costs among 10 different top cities in Latin America. During this session you will:
· Discover new competitive locations in Latin America to set up your shared service center
· Highlight specific business environments which enhance business performance
· Discuss flexible, scalable and efficient turn key business solutions in Latin America
BrainWeave4:55 pm - 5:40 pm How To Turbocharge Your Digital Transformation
Every organization is looking to transform their operating model using disruptive technologies, but many companies are not able to scale beyond disjointed proof of concept efforts.
Regardless of where you are in your journey, the ability to understand and actively manage the disruptive change will be crucial for organizations to succeed in their transformation journey.
During this interactive session, we discuss the common challenges faced by shared service leaders to keep pace with the rapid changes impacting shared service operating models and explore practical applications and latest practices to stay competitive.
· Discuss the trends and examples in leapfrogging shared services using digital technologies
· Highlight the changes needed in shared services operating model
· Learn how to influence and manage interactions with key stakeholders
· Learn how to scale digitization effectively
· Develop new capabilities to adapt to the changing environments
5:45 pm - 6:00 pm Working With a Robot: Using A.I. to Drive Back Office Efficiency & Financial Compliance
One of today's hottest topics in Shared Services is "Artificial Intelligence.” But how do you get started with implementing it for your company? And how do you cut through the hype to see which technologies are actually ready for prime time and which need time to mature? In this session, Anant Kale, Founder and CEO of AppZen, will outline the various AI tools in use in enterprise back office operations. We'll also dive into a real-world use case - showing how AI has been able to make expense report audit processing 80% more efficient while catching 10x more compliance issues.
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm Bugs Bunny & The Case of the Learning Culture
In this interactive session participants will be asked to consider learning and culture in some new ways. We’ll discuss process, brain science, group learning and we’ll get a chance to put Thoughtexchange through its paces as we learn how to glean greater insights from business partners using the Thoughtexchange social learning tool. Later in the Exchange, we will put these insights to action by developing solutions to ultimately improve shared services operations.